Front End Developer
Are you a Front End Developer with a strong portfolio of graphic and web design work who’s itching to showcase your talent? Do you understand the fundamentals behind user interface development, and have an eye for great visual design? Do you care deeply about turning intuitive user experience prototypes into useable software products? If you answered “HELL YEAH” to those questions, then read on!
We recognize that there are some things in life that people don’t get super jazzed up about – getting a tooth pulled, drinking hot lava, and unfortunately visiting their accountant sometimes falls into that category. Our super cool services ensure that our clients are at the other end of the satisfaction spectrum – but we think everyone should be as happy as Maxim clients. That’s why we’re creating a web app that’s going to make heads explode!
Maxim Management is a virtual CA firm that is based out of Lethbridge, Alberta. We utilize cloud-based accounting apps that allow our clients to conduct business from anywhere on the planet. We are a team of innovators who are working to reinvent the traditional accounting model – and we’re just getting started.
We’ve created a culture that we think is really cool, and we think that you will too! We value our employees, and provide them with all of the tools they need to grow, develop and succeed. Our employees invest in us, and we invest in them. Maxim offers a competitive salary, generous vacation allowance, flexible work schedule, lots of room for growth and advancement, and much more!
As the Front End Developer you’ll be responsible for the following duties:
- Gathering and documenting user requirements using tools like user stories, mind maps and wireframes.
- Creating design mockups and interactive prototypes based on feedback from stakeholders.
- Producing final visual assets such as vector graphics, icons, and images.
- Investigating new technologies, libraries, design trends, and software development methodologies.
- Collaborating with our CEO and Lead Developer to create solutions that keep our clients’ businesses running smoothly.
- Prototyping and developing reliable and efficient user interfaces for desktop, phone, and tablet devices.
- Writing automated tests to ensure code quality and stability.
This dynamic role reports directly to both the Lead Developer and the CEO. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following education and qualifications (we’re not just throwing these out to be fluffy catchphrases – we really need you on your game in these areas):
What we need:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Multimedia, New Media or Equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with a focus on web application development using ASP.Net and C# applications in a Microsoft stack environment.
- Experience with UI controls/trends.
- Experience with building UI using fully responsive theme frameworks.
- Experience in developing UI and UX for web applications based on .NET, C#, ASP.NET.
- Ability to create interactive prototypes.
- Demonstrated experience with building user interfaces across a range of platforms including desktop and mobile.
- Must be self-motivated with effective written/verbal communication skills.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of accounting industry, technical terms, and software.
- Experience with InVision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design software.
- Knowledge of front-end component libraries such as Bootstrap, Foundation, or Semantic UI.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Contributions to open source or group projects on GitHub or Bitbucket.
- Understanding of recommender systems.
How to Apply
Please visit the following link and apply using our online application tool. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take about 10-15 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging into the application tool.
Please be sure to attach samples of your design portfolio (specifically web design) in the documents section of the application tool.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. We will review applications as they are received and really look forward to hearing from you.